Posted by: North Officer | 08/04/2011

Consultation on Contributions for social care support

Sheffield City Council is holding a consultation about changes to the way it works out contributions towards the cost of non-residential social care support .The consultation will not affect how stays in care homes are charged for.

Central government pays an amount towards the cost for Sheffield social services to provide Adult Social Care. They assume that councils will raise some of the cost by asking people who receive support to pay a contribution towards it. If Sheffield City Council didn’t raise this money it wouldn’t have enough income to provide the amount of support needed across the city.

Central government has reduced the funding it gives Sheffield City Council, so the full council meeting has agreed to consult people about increasing income from contributions to social care support. No one will be asked to contribute more than they can afford to pay.

You can give your opinion or find out more by:

  • By emailing your opinions to  
  • Telephoning 0114 2735758 and giving us your opinion, or completing a questionnaire over the phone with a member of staff or asking to have a questionnaire sent to you.
  • Completing the questionnaire online
  • Attending a public consultation event on the 25th of May 2011, at Sheffield Town Hall in Reception Room B at 2.00 – 4.00pm. (There’ll be an opportunity meet with a Financial Assessment Officer to get advice about your individual circumstances). There’s no need to book, but please contact 0114 2735758 if you are planning to attend so that arrangements can be made for sufficient numbers of people.


%d bloggers like this: